Hey you! Happy hump day! This post is about the finial product of our finished shed and I cannot help but loading this post with videos and pictures. The Shed renovation started shortly after we moved in, in the beginning of July! It feels great to finally wrap it up.

Yesterday I left you with an almost-painted shed (stenciled on three sides) and an almost-organized interior (need to hang some tools):



With the back of our shed primed but not painted:


We almost ran out of brown paint after stenciled the front and the two sides of the shed. So Slav suggested to paint the back with whatever exterior paint we had on hand since the back of the shed is hidden (you cannot see the back side of the shed unless you walk behind it). We happen to have some green paint, With the view from the back of the shed being our green backyard, it actually works better from this angle.

Being on the home stretch,  we were so pumped to get the shed finished. We got up super early on Saturday and got to work TOGETHER. I was very excited to finally work with Slav – we usually work in turns on any given project to take care of different stages of work.  For example, with this shed, Slav did the demo, I power-washed. Slav put up the sidings and trims, I painted. Somehow working together makes this Saturday feel special. 🙂

Here is the start of our day:

We got the same cedar wood used for other trims, as well as one 8-ft long 2×4 for hanging tools inside the shed – all explained in this video.

The trims needed to be sandwiched in between vertical trims, so I marked all of them to remember where to cut, while Slav went out for new blades for our miter saw:

As a newbie, I marked all the trims without considering the 1/8″ loss due to the use of the miter saw. Oops! Thankfully Slav double checked and I quickly remarked all the pieces.

Since this is our first time using miter saw, we started by cutting the 2×4 to warm up. Slav installed them in between the vertical studs; and I put some nails to hold up the gardening tools. It turned out nicely and really saved some floor space.


See the finished interior (!) in this video:

The small stripe of wood next to the door will be used to hold seed packages:


It was installed on the left side of the door, next to the white shelving unit:


And the black unit neighbors the garden tools:


I broke out my paint roller again and half an hour later, our shed had its bottom trim primed and installed:


I followed with my paint brush and the last bit of brown paint on the bottom trims, and at the last minute, we decided to paint the exposed roof rafters as well. I think it made the shed look more coherent.


This is Shed Sloniowski, in its glory:


We painted the entire back of the shed green:


In person the green looks a lot darker, more like the forest green and very grounded. This side of the shed is always in shade so my camera insisted on over-exposing it.


Here you have it, our new shed! After seeing it half-way done for weeks, it felt sooo good to have a finished product. Now it is complete, we already started thinking about adding compost bins and firewood storage. This corner will soon become the most productive site of our whole yard!